Re: [wpmac] Joining This Yahoo Group

  • George Hulseman
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
      No that was me that sent the dropbox URL, and it's . . .  I don't know exactly what it is. I would not mess with it.
      If you want the Sheepshaver installer, let me know. I have an archive of it at home and I can email the link.
    • bradhurte
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
        I found a working archive in the Links section, Sheepshaver & Basilisk folder: SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.4.2
      • Sam Storch
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
          Dear George,

          Thank you very much.  Id really appreciate getting hat one.

          Sam Storch

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
            Thank you!

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
              There's also WPMacApp Installer in the Links section, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder. This is a different package of SheepShaver and WordPerfect, with more advanced design. You might want to try both.

              John R.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
                I forgot to mention that WPMacApp requires Leopard (OS 10.5) or later while SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install runs on Tiger (10.4) and later. A third package is similar to WPMacApp but uses another emulator, Basilisk, instead of SheepShaver. More info about these are at http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html and http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel-alternate.html.

                John R.

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 28, 2013
                  Just to complicate matters: there are actually two versions of the WPMacApp available on the first of the two pages linked below.

                  One version is for 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later; that's the one that I try to keep up-to-date.

                  The other version is for 10.5 (Intel or PowerPC), and I don't try to keep it up-to-date, and it's much less automated than the version for 10.6.