Re: [wpmac] [OT] Apple's future

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
      Well that confirms some of my deepest fears - not just about Apple and
      Jobs, but about the industry as a whole.

      *- Chad W. Smith*

      > http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Diagnostic_Port.txt
    • mxytsplyk
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
        Thanks for the link. And the comments, by some of those who were directly involved, tell more of the story.

        On Jan 24, 2013, at 6:23 PM, "Randy B. Singer" <randy@...> wrote:

        > On Jan 24, 2013, at 12:34 PM, John R wrote:
        >
        > > Enormous potential, but . . . ?
        > >
        > > http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/24/apple-fourth-quarter-earnings-strategic-weakness
        >
        > Thanks for posting that, John!
        >
        > The article itself was on track to be great, until the author pointed out the three things that he thought were Apple mistakes going forward. I think that the author was way off on those.
        >
        > However, many of the comments to the article, very uncharacteristically, are gold!

        > Randy B. Singer
        > Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
        >
        > Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
        > http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
      • Richard Wagoner
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
          Just like how well IBM did my licensing their designs for PCs � People forget that for every success in licensing in the PC world (mainly Microsoft); there are hundreds of casualties.Only low-cost producers prevail and innovation stagnates.

          The same argument was made for having Sears sell their well-known brands (Craftsman, Kenmore, etc) at non-Sears-owned stores. Really does a lot for Sears stores � not.