Re: [wpmac] [OT] The sad state of anti-virus protection

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 25, 2013
      At 23:01 -0500 25.01.2013, Rick Albright wrote:

      > > In Safari, go to:
      >> Safari menu --> Preferences --> Security --> uncheck Enable Java
      >
      >What about JavaSCRIPT? That's a separate option. Should that be
      >unchecked, as well[?]

      No. You can leave that be. Apples and Oranges.

      --
      John Joseph McVeigh, Attorney at Law
      Butler, Maryland 21023-0128
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
        While it is now considered good practice to disable Java (except by you for known specific purposes that you trust) you may need to have Javascript enabled to do just about any work beyond text-only websites.

        Despite having similar names, Java and Javascript are two entirely different things. You can get better clarification than my simple statement by searching recent discussions on macintouch.com which is reliable in this sort of stuff.

        Cheers!