Re: [wpmac] Joining This Yahoo Group

  • Richard Wagoner
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 25, 2013
      I joined last night with no issues (other than not remembering my Yahoo login!)

      Glad to be here.

      Richard

      Without math we are cavemen eating mud.
    • ghulseman
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 25, 2013
        Either I'm really confused or the complete archive has been taken down. I have downloaded a complete archive (that included a working system folder and MacOS ROM file) from here in the past, but I cant find it anywhere. Sorry to misinform you.

        Send me an email and I'll see if I can fix you right up.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Sam Storch wrote:

        > For what it is worth, I saw the mention on macintouch and had no trouble joining the group yesterday.  All I needed to do was to use my usual Yahoo ID and sign into my groups.
        >
        > Although I have little interest in using Word Perfect (sorry, folks) I was interested in getting a complete disk image just to occasionally run a couple of small, old, and undemanding (system 7.5) applications I still have use for.  I'd be using a 10.5.8 machine.  If I understand the information correctly, I still need to find a Mac OS retail install to get the ROM file, and then after that follow the procedures outlined in the help pdf.
        >
        > If only there was a "completely complete" disk image... .
        >
        > Thanks for reading
      • Sam Storch
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
          Thanks for writing.

          I just checked, this morning, and found that in the "files" section of the group, nothing seems to have changed since two days ago when I first looked.  Perhaps I'm not going to the same URL that you reference, or perhaps there was some temporary problem with either Yahoo or some ISP.

          This also could be caused by some "sudden demand" for files, exceeding a limitation on downloads or activity on the part of Yahoo.  I don't know.

          I did receive, separately, a link by email to a Dropbox URL leading to a file, thank you.  I'm trying to get it to work right now.

          Sam

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
            No that was me that sent the dropbox URL, and it's . . .  I don't know exactly what it is. I would not mess with it.
            If you want the Sheepshaver installer, let me know. I have an archive of it at home and I can email the link.
          • bradhurte
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
              I found a working archive in the Links section, Sheepshaver & Basilisk folder: SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.4.2
            • Sam Storch
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
                Dear George,

                Thank you very much.  Id really appreciate getting hat one.

                Sam Storch

                No that was me that sent the dropbox URL, and it's . . .  I don't know exactly what it is. I would not mess with it.
                If you want the Sheepshaver installer, let me know. I have an archive of it at home and I can email the link.

              • George Hulseman
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
                  Thank you!

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
                    There's also WPMacApp Installer in the Links section, in the SheepShaver and Basilisk folder. This is a different package of SheepShaver and WordPerfect, with more advanced design. You might want to try both.

                    John R.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 27, 2013
                      I forgot to mention that WPMacApp requires Leopard (OS 10.5) or later while SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install runs on Tiger (10.4) and later. A third package is similar to WPMacApp but uses another emulator, Basilisk, instead of SheepShaver. More info about these are at http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html and http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel-alternate.html.

                      John R.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 28, 2013
                        Just to complicate matters: there are actually two versions of the WPMacApp available on the first of the two pages linked below.

                        One version is for 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later; that's the one that I try to keep up-to-date.

                        The other version is for 10.5 (Intel or PowerPC), and I don't try to keep it up-to-date, and it's much less automated than the version for 10.6.