[ANN] WPMacApp updated with improved prompts, etc.

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
      I've updated the WPMacAPP, which is an alternative to John Rethorst's SheepShaver-WP setup, with about 97 percent of it based directly on SheepShaver-WP.

      Among other recent improvements, the WPMacApp now makes it easier to open files directly in WPMac from the OS X desktop. If, in OS X, you double-click on a WP document that is NOT inside the OS X equivalent of the SheepShaver "Unix" folder, the WPMacApp will offer to open that folder for you so you can move your document into it. You can then double-click the moved document to open it in WPMac.

      This, I hope, should reduce the difficulty that some users find in working with the Unix folder in SheepShaver.

      Same download link as before:

      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg

      And reasonably full documentation here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html

      As before, all the worthwhile parts of this system are based on work by John Rethorst and Smokey Ardisson.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
        I suppose I should add that the WPMacApp does not to be "installed" or set-up in any way. You simply download and mount the disk-image file, double-click an icon on the disk image, and the WPMacApp gets copied to your Downloads folder.

        It's then ready to run, with no further setup needed. It prints to the default OS X printer, and two macros included with WPMac will create PDF files in OS X.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2012
          I've now made it even simpler. Just download the disk-image file and drag the application to your Applications folder, and it's ready to use.