Re: [wpmac] Re: Converting/Retrieving Old WPMac File into SheepShaver

  • Andréa
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 19, 2012
      All,

      Thanks very much for the new round of suggestions and evident kindness.

      I'll take a break here to see if I can fix the bollixed drive address thingy and then will try the alternate download.  It may solve current issues and the slew of super basic stuff that I'm likely to get stuck on, like setting up a printer, etc.

      So at the moment, I've taken up too much of your time as it is, and will let everyone get back to using the group for more advanced issues!

      Best,

      WPFan (Andrea)
    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 19, 2012
        At 17:45 -0800 19.12.2012, Andréa wrote:

        >All,
        >
        >Thanks very much for the new round of suggestions and evident kindness.
        >
        >I'll take a break here to see if I can fix the
        >bollixed drive address thingy and then will try
        >the alternate download. It may solve current
        >issues and the slew of super basic stuff that
        >I'm likely to get stuck on, like setting up a
        >printer, etc.
        >
        >So at the moment, I've taken up too much of your
        >time as it is, and will let everyone get back to
        >using the group for more advanced issues!
        >
        >Best,
        >
        >WPFan (Andrea)

        When you are ready to take another run at this, first take a look here:
        <http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sheepshaver_mac_os_x_setup> ,
        if you have not already done so.

        I installed and set up SheepShaver first, and
        made sure that it was up and running, before I
        installed Wordperfect 3.5e and then ran the
        updater to get to WP 3.5ep. I then also
        installed some other programs that run under OS
        9.0.4.

        I'll keep my fingers crossed that your next attempt will be successful.

        --
        John Joseph McVeigh, Attorney at Law
        Butler, Maryland 21023-0128