Re: [wpmac] Re: Converting/Retrieving Old WPMac File into SheepShaver

  • Doug Auwarter
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 19, 2012
      I agree with J.J. I was late getting in on it and loaded a very
      recent "new build" by somebody (sorry that I don't remember who!) and
      the installation was very simple. It works beautifully in OS 10.7,
      flawlessly.
      Thank you wordperfectmac community!
      Doug

    • Andréa
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 19, 2012
        All,

        Thanks very much for the new round of suggestions and evident kindness.

        I'll take a break here to see if I can fix the bollixed drive address thingy and then will try the alternate download.  It may solve current issues and the slew of super basic stuff that I'm likely to get stuck on, like setting up a printer, etc.

        So at the moment, I've taken up too much of your time as it is, and will let everyone get back to using the group for more advanced issues!

        Best,

        WPFan (Andrea)
      • J.J. McVeigh
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 19, 2012
          At 17:45 -0800 19.12.2012, Andréa wrote:

          >All,
          >
          >Thanks very much for the new round of suggestions and evident kindness.
          >
          >I'll take a break here to see if I can fix the
          >bollixed drive address thingy and then will try
          >the alternate download. It may solve current
          >issues and the slew of super basic stuff that
          >I'm likely to get stuck on, like setting up a
          >printer, etc.
          >
          >So at the moment, I've taken up too much of your
          >time as it is, and will let everyone get back to
          >using the group for more advanced issues!
          >
          >Best,
          >
          >WPFan (Andrea)

          When you are ready to take another run at this, first take a look here:
          <http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sheepshaver_mac_os_x_setup> ,
          if you have not already done so.

          I installed and set up SheepShaver first, and
          made sure that it was up and running, before I
          installed Wordperfect 3.5e and then ran the
          updater to get to WP 3.5ep. I then also
          installed some other programs that run under OS
          9.0.4.

          I'll keep my fingers crossed that your next attempt will be successful.