[wpmac] Re: New to Group!

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 18, 2012
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Andréa wrote:

      > One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211

      Enabling that should be part of the initial Readme -- thanks. Just go to your Universal prefpane and enable it.

      > Thank you -- What an amazing job and Service you have performed with this!

      You're most welcome.
      John R.
    • sardisson
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
        John R:

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Andréa wrote:
        >
        > > One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211
        >
        > Enabling that should be part of the initial Readme -- thanks. Just go to your Universal prefpane and enable it.

        FYI, macosxautomation.com has a "stock" subroutine that checks for this and 99% automates turning it on: http://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/uiscripting/index.html

        So even if you add it to the readme and someone overlooks it, turning it on can be as simple as one step, clicking a checkbox.

        Smokey
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
          Cool -- I'll add that to the install script. Thanks Smokey.

          John R.