Re: Managing legal captions with WordPerfect when switching to a Mac

  • mnplyches
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 27, 2012
      Thank you Smokey, that's a great idea! Do you have any idea how I would upload the documents so you can review them?
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 27, 2012
        So, if I understand you correctly, what you are referring to is NOT what WordPerfect's menus and dialogs call a "caption," but what WordPerfect calls a "Text Box." These are completely different things, and no one can answer your question correctly unless we know exactly which one you are referring to. Could you kindly create such a box in WordPerfect, and record exactly which menus and options you used?

        The answer I posted a couple of days ago was based on the assumption that when you wrote "caption" you meant what WordPerfect's menus and dialogs call a "caption." But if you actually meant what WordPerfect's menus and dialogs call a "Text Box," then there may be a different answer.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "mnplyches" <diostarcraft@...> wrote:

        > Thanks all for the helpful replies!
        >
        > OK, I'll check out the MacLaw group, as it does seem that my questions would be more relevant with them.
        >
        > When I say a caption, what I mean is a block of text surrounded by a box, not a caption as in a picture with a footer below it. A great example would be to check out the legal forms at this court website, using divorce forms as an example: http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm?Form_Type_ID=68
        > Open one up in your web browser or download it and open it in Word. When you see the header at the top with the text in the box, that's the caption.
        >
        > Sadly, I don't know how to upload pictures here, otherwise I would take screenshots of the different documents we have - and how they are rendered - in Word and WP.

      • sardisson
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 28, 2012
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "mnplyches" <diostarcraft@...> wrote:

          > Thank you Smokey, that's a great idea! Do you have any idea how I would upload the documents so you can review them?

          Oops, I thought I replied to this yesterday, but I guess not :-(

          I'm not sure the mechanics of, say, this group's "Files" section (I think posting is restricted to moderators only), so if you don't already have any convenient spot for uploading (e.g., Dropbox), you could just send the sample+pdf to me via direct email.

          Smokey