Re: [wpmac] New machine, new start

  • Chad Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
      I don't know if John or Ed will answer this one, since it may be a little awkward for them to do so. But personally, I just install whichever has been updated most recently whenever I have or feel the need to reinstall.

      There have been times I've had both installed on the same machine, and that didn't cause any problems that I saw. So you can always do that and then decide for yourself, since both are (THANK YOU!) free to download, install, and use.

      *- Chad W. Smith*
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
        I would probably go with John's, not mine, because John actually uses WPMac and I don't. I simply enjoy making my system work. So John's is probably more heavily tested for use in the real world.

        As for updating, by the way, I'm constantly making minor updates without announcing them. For example, I did some minor fixing last night. I update the version number in the application but I don't bother announcing these things here.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
          I would try them both, keeping in mind that each setup consists of two parts: the SheepShaver application configuration, printing etc., and the virtual "Unix" disk. You can mix and match these, although it's no great trouble to fine tune the virtual disk to your taste in any case. The only essential difference, I believe, is that mine runs on Tiger (OS 10.4) as well as later OS versions. Otherwise, Ed's has the advantage that no installation is needed -- it just runs -- and printing is at least as fast if not faster.