Re: [wpmac] Re: How To Adjust Mac To 256 Colors When Running SheepShaver

  • C.W. Betts
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
      There should be a "Monitors and Sound" Control Panel.

      On Nov 15, 2012, at 7:57 PM, "britbloke" <julianswest@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the response. "Monitors" does not show up in the Control Panel in Classic/SheepShaver.
    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
        At 03:43 +0000 16.11.2012, John R wrote:

        >In both WPMacApp and SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install, the Monitors
        >and Sound control panel is present but disabled. Go to Control
        >Panels > Extensions Manager, enable that control panel, and restart.

        It is enabled for me, but that is because I performed separate
        SheepShaver and OS installations.

        >I forget why I disabled it in my package, but suspect I was worried
        >about a conflict with the separate Sound control panel, which
        >SheepShaver needs. I don't see a conflict at this point, though.
        >Anyone know a reason to have M & S disabled?

        I have detected no conflicts.

        >For that matter, is there a reason not to run SS/WP in 256 colors in
        >the first place? The screen would be faster.

        Agreed, the only reason not to do that I can foresee is if a
        particular program needs more than 256 colors. For the primary
        programs that I run under SheepShaver and OS 9.0.4 (WordPerfect,
        Timeslips, and Touchbase Pro), 256 colors should be fine. Just for
        laughs, I tried launching an old version of Photoshop that I have (v.
        5.0 LE), and it does in fact run. That program would probably want
        more than 256 colors.

        With best regards,
        --
        John Joseph McVeigh
        Butler, Maryland, USA
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
          Nope. There is a "Sound" under Control Panel, but nowhere does it mention Monitors.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
            Thank you so much John.

            Works perfectly. My question is resolved.