[wpmac] Re: How To Adjust Mac To 256 Colors When Running SheepShaver

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
      At 02:57 +0000 16.11.2012, britbloke wrote:

      >Thanks for the response. "Monitors" does not show up in the Control
      >Panel in Classic/SheepShaver.

      It does for me, and it appears to have some effect *within the
      SheepShaver environment.* I checked that before writing my message.

      What version of the Operating System are you using within the
      SheepShaver environment. I am using OS 9.0.4. I installed it from
      an OS 9 installation CD. As part of that installation, the Monitors
      Control panel was installed.

      --
      John Joseph McVeigh
      Butler, Maryland, USA
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
        There should be a "Monitors and Sound" Control Panel.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
          At 03:43 +0000 16.11.2012, John R wrote:

          >In both WPMacApp and SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install, the Monitors
          >and Sound control panel is present but disabled. Go to Control
          >Panels > Extensions Manager, enable that control panel, and restart.

          It is enabled for me, but that is because I performed separate
          SheepShaver and OS installations.

          >I forget why I disabled it in my package, but suspect I was worried
          >about a conflict with the separate Sound control panel, which
          >SheepShaver needs. I don't see a conflict at this point, though.
          >Anyone know a reason to have M & S disabled?

          I have detected no conflicts.

          >For that matter, is there a reason not to run SS/WP in 256 colors in
          >the first place? The screen would be faster.

          Agreed, the only reason not to do that I can foresee is if a
          particular program needs more than 256 colors. For the primary
          programs that I run under SheepShaver and OS 9.0.4 (WordPerfect,
          Timeslips, and Touchbase Pro), 256 colors should be fine. Just for
          laughs, I tried launching an old version of Photoshop that I have (v.
          5.0 LE), and it does in fact run. That program would probably want
          more than 256 colors.

          With best regards,
          --
          John Joseph McVeigh
          Butler, Maryland, USA
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
            Nope. There is a "Sound" under Control Panel, but nowhere does it mention Monitors.

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 15, 2012
              Thank you so much John.

              Works perfectly. My question is resolved.