Re: Tips & Macros update -- suggestions?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2 6:52 PM
      Actually I see that the current version already has that, under Automatic Macros. It would be nice to be able to have more than OnStartup and OnDocumentOpen - if it's possible to create macros that run automatically on printing, closing, etc.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2 7:47 PM
        It certainly is, and I'll add that. I can think of On Print, On Close, and On New Document (already there, but could be clearer). Can anyone think of another event to which to attach a macro?

        Thanks for a great suggestion.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4 8:25 AM
          One thing that might be worth writing is a "MakePDF" macro that would rename the output file that is sent across to OS X, so that the folder action script on OS X could recognize the output file and create a PDF file without displaying the "Print or PDF?" prompt.

          On my Windows-based system for WPDOS, my PDF-creating macro optionally creates a text file containing a name for the PDF file, and sends that across to Windows, where the equivalent of a folder action script applies that name the PDF output. I thought of trying the same thing in SheepShaver, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

          Again, I don't know whether this is possible under SheepShaver in the same way it's possible with the scripting language I use under Windows