Tips & Macros update -- suggestions?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
      I'm working on a revision of Tips & Macros 2.4, in the Files section here: a 135-page compendium of FAQs, hints and short macros about every aspect of WP Mac. If you have any thoughts on what I could add or revise, please post.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
        John,

        I'd like to see a full account of macros that can run automatically when a file is opened, when the application launches, etc. The help file doesn't seem to be much help on such things.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
          Actually I see that the current version already has that, under Automatic Macros. It would be nice to be able to have more than OnStartup and OnDocumentOpen - if it's possible to create macros that run automatically on printing, closing, etc.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
            It certainly is, and I'll add that. I can think of On Print, On Close, and On New Document (already there, but could be clearer). Can anyone think of another event to which to attach a macro?

            Thanks for a great suggestion.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2012
              One thing that might be worth writing is a "MakePDF" macro that would rename the output file that is sent across to OS X, so that the folder action script on OS X could recognize the output file and create a PDF file without displaying the "Print or PDF?" prompt.

              On my Windows-based system for WPDOS, my PDF-creating macro optionally creates a text file containing a name for the PDF file, and sends that across to Windows, where the equivalent of a folder action script applies that name the PDF output. I thought of trying the same thing in SheepShaver, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

              Again, I don't know whether this is possible under SheepShaver in the same way it's possible with the scripting language I use under Windows