Re: [wpmac] Re: New to Group!

  • Andréa
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2012
      Hi John,

      I found the group by googling "wordperfect mac." �Hadn't had to use WP in a while and then I did and ... no dice! �Thanks for the directions to "getting started" -- heading over there right away!

      Best, Andrea

      --- On Sat, 10/27/12, John R <johnrethorst@...> wrote:

      [snip]

      Welcome to the group. Out of curiosity, where did you hear of it?

      [snip]
    • Andréa
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 18, 2012
        Hi John,

        I finally got around to focusing on resurrecting WPerfect!� I followed the instructions in the well done PDF and successfully downloaded SheepShaver 4.1 (or something like that).� I now seem to have the WPerfect program open and ready to go on my computer.

        One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211

        Not sure this even matters, but in case it affects a key function in the program, I thought I'd mention it!

        Now I'm going to go figure out how to retrieve my old WP docs and fool around with creating a new one!

        Thank you -- What an amazing job and Service you have performed with this!

        Best,
        Andrea
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 18, 2012
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Andréa wrote:

          > One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211

          Enabling that should be part of the initial Readme -- thanks. Just go to your Universal prefpane and enable it.

          > Thank you -- What an amazing job and Service you have performed with this!

          You're most welcome.
          John R.
        • sardisson
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
            John R:

            > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Andréa wrote:
            >
            > > One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211
            >
            > Enabling that should be part of the initial Readme -- thanks. Just go to your Universal prefpane and enable it.

            FYI, macosxautomation.com has a "stock" subroutine that checks for this and 99% automates turning it on: http://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/uiscripting/index.html

            So even if you add it to the readme and someone overlooks it, turning it on can be as simple as one step, clicking a checkbox.

            Smokey
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
              Cool -- I'll add that to the install script. Thanks Smokey.

              John R.