Re: New to Group!

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2012
      In the group's description on the front page here, you'll see a link to "Getting Started with WP Mac". This will give you all the information you need. WP will run very well on your new Mac.

      Welcome to the group. Out of curiosity, where did you hear of it?

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "wpfanclub" <arh1015@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > WordPerfect die hard here. Only just heard of this group. I have the last WP program that worked on the old MAC (OS 9?) environment. I finally migrated to a new Mac (OS 10.6.8) and to my horror, I can't open WordPerfect because "this environment is no longer supported."
      >
      > Could someone direct me to postings in this group's archives where I could get up to speed on if/how I can revive WPerfect in this new Mac environment?
      >
      > I am so hopeful that a solution is just around the corner. "Word" was made to discourage writing, period :)

    • Andréa
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2012
        Hi John,

        I found the group by googling "wordperfect mac." �Hadn't had to use WP in a while and then I did and ... no dice! �Thanks for the directions to "getting started" -- heading over there right away!

        Best, Andrea

        [snip]

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 18, 2012
          Hi John,

          I finally got around to focusing on resurrecting WPerfect!� I followed the instructions in the well done PDF and successfully downloaded SheepShaver 4.1 (or something like that).� I now seem to have the WPerfect program open and ready to go on my computer.

          One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211

          Not sure this even matters, but in case it affects a key function in the program, I thought I'd mention it!

          Now I'm going to go figure out how to retrieve my old WP docs and fool around with creating a new one!

          Thank you -- What an amazing job and Service you have performed with this!

          Best,
          Andrea
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 18, 2012
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Andréa wrote:

            > One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211

            Enabling that should be part of the initial Readme -- thanks. Just go to your Universal prefpane and enable it.

            > Thank you -- What an amazing job and Service you have performed with this!

            You're most welcome.
            John R.
          • sardisson
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
              John R:

              > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Andréa wrote:
              >
              > > One bump in the road: Clicking on the icon for "SS-WP" I get an error as follows: error "System Events got an error: Access for assistive devices is disabled." number -25211
              >
              > Enabling that should be part of the initial Readme -- thanks. Just go to your Universal prefpane and enable it.

              FYI, macosxautomation.com has a "stock" subroutine that checks for this and 99% automates turning it on: http://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/uiscripting/index.html

              So even if you add it to the readme and someone overlooks it, turning it on can be as simple as one step, clicking a checkbox.

              Smokey
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
                Cool -- I'll add that to the install script. Thanks Smokey.

                John R.