Drag-and-drop broken?

  • Cyroth
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2012
      Hello all - quick question. I'm running WP 3.5e on Panther via Mac OS Classic. A few months ago the drag-and-drop function stopped working. If I select a block of text in a WP document and try to drag it somewhere, it vanishes. I can restore the deleted text with the "undo" command, but I have no idea what causes this or how to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can anyone recommend a solution other than reinstalling?
      Thanks!
      C.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2012
        I had a similar problem, where drag-and-drop caused a crash. It disappeared, maybe about the time I upgraded to Tiger, although I didn't make the connection. IAC I haven't seen it in a long time, so I suspect it may be the OS or Panther's version of Classic.

        As a fix, would you consider upgrading to Tiger? Several original OS disks have gone on eBay recently for $20-30 (be sure to get a universal disk, rather than one for a specific machine). Aside from I think fixing the WP problem, Tiger has some improvements -- and Spotlight alone makes the upgrade worthwhile, especially if you d/l Gero's plug-in to index WP docs.

        John R.