Re: [wpmac] Re: Where is the last free edition of WP to be found here?

  • Chris Harshman
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 26, 2012
      On Tuesday, September 25, 2012, em315 wrote:

      > Could you possibly spell out in detail how you got WP12 installed under
      > Wine? I didn't have much success, but I admit that I didn't try very hard.
      > Any details will be very useful.

      It's been a while, but IIRC I used an OEM WordPerfect Office 12 CD that
      came with an old Dell laptop I had, and just ran the installer, installing
      only the WordPerfect portion of the office suite (don't have any need for
      Quattro Pro or whatever the presentation application is).

      I launch WordPerfect with this script ("wordperfect.command"):

      #!/bin/sh
      ver=12;
      wp="Software\\Corel\\WordPerfect";
      root="HKEY_CURRENT_USER";
      wine regedit /D "${root}\\${wp}\\${ver}\\MDI Frame Position";
      wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/WordPerfect\ Office\
      12/Programs/wpwin12.exe &

      Also, as others have mentioned, I went immediately into preferences and
      disabled 'enhanced' file dialogs.

      Other than that, it "just works." I export to PDF if I ever need to print,
      and then use Preview.app or Acrobat to send the PDF to a printer. (I'm not
      sure if there's a way to setup Wine to use Mac printers natively, I've
      never looked into it.)
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 26, 2012
        Thank you. I'll give this another try later. If I remember correctly, I was able to print using CrossOver, but I don't remember testing printing under Wine. Will report on progress if I have any.