Re: ANN] Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install 1.4.1

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2012
      Under Mountain Lion, unfortunately, the "faster printing" feature in the WPMacApp no longer works, apparently because of changes in OS X security settings. It's still possible to set up fast printing directly from SheepShaver to a networked PostScript printer, but it's something that needs to be done by hand by a knowledgeable user, and it only works with a PostScript printer that has an IP address on the network. There's a discussion in progress at www.emaculation.com about possible ways to restore the method that the WPMacApp used under Lion to print to any OS X printer but no one has found an answer yet, and there may be no answer.

      Because of this change, the current version of the WPMacApp does not offer to set up a printer when you first use it. Instead, if you hold down the Option key when starting the application, it brings up a menu of setup options. Under Lion, these options include an option to set up printing to a specific OS X printer. Under Mountain Lion, this option is not displayed.

      So the significant advantage of faster printing doesn't exist under Mountain Lion. I wish it did exist, but it doesn't.