Has anyone switched to WPMac who did NOT use it in the OS 7/8/9 era?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2012
      I'd like to make this a separate topic, so that we can see whether anyone has actually started using WPMac in the OS X era, never having used it in the OS 7/8/9 (or even System 6) era. If anyone did make the switch, or knows of someone who did, I'd be very glad to hear about it.

      I maintain a site for people like me who still do a lot of work in WordPerfect for DOS (http://wpdos.org), and I'm a moderator of the WPDOS forum at WPUniverse.com. Many, many people continue to use WordPerfect for DOS, but I've never heard of anyone who switched TO WordPerfect for DOS in the Windows era, never having used it in the DOS era.

      Of course I continue to use WPDOS every day. But I would never advise anyone to switch to it who wasn't already accustomed to it, and I don't believe anyone would ever actually do so. It would be good to learn whether, in the real world, anyone has switched to WordPerfect for the Mac in the OS X (especially the post-Classic) era.