Re: WP MacAppliance Status Window and Macro Help press

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17 9:13 PM
      > Once again, I want to emphasize that 90 percent of this system is essentially John's work, and 9 percent is essentially Smokey Ardisson's work. Only the bugs, errors, and the remaining 1 percent are mine.

      It looks to me like Ed's WPMacApp has several substantial improvements over my Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install, and I don't know that there's a need for me to continue updating the latter (aside from supporting code-signing or installation instructions for OS 10.8, forthcoming), unless a development like Open WP Files, or the Symbolic Linker Tom found, comes along that's important enough to warrant another release of a package. I may continue to update the SS volume itself, but it's already what I would want in an OS9 computer, so I don't know what more to add. I could of course become inspired by / emulate / steal the advanced printing and VM of WPMacApp, but what's the point? :-)

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17 9:38 PM
        Keeping a backup Prefs (and Library) file, and making a copy to replace the possibly corrupted one in current use, is very good advice. Beyond that, and specific to the Help menu:

        The Help menu in WP occasionally loses some of its content, the Macro Help item for example. To restore it, go to Edit > Preferences > Folders, and from the Type menu choose Help. Navigate to the Help folder in your WP application folder (that is, the folder that contains the application file or another folder you've designated as WordPerfect Folder in this same dialog).

        Due to a minor program bug, the Help folder location shown in that menu occasionally reverts to Undefined, even though you set it just last month.

        On the subject of Help menus, don't overlook the completely separate QuickHelp for WP, in "QuickHelp.zip" in the Files section here. This installs nicely in the OtherMenu script/utility menu, also in the Files section here. QuickHelp has a good search feature.

        There's also the WordPerfect Guide. This is in "Help files.sit", also in the Files section here.

        Counting balloon help, I don't know of another program that has _four_ separate help environments. If you'd never used WP, you might think the program was hard to use.