Click link in WP to open URL, in Sheepshaver

  • jrethorst
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2012
      Say you have have web links in a WP document, and want to click on them to go to that URL in your default browser in OSX.

      This functionality is included in my Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install, but I overlooked one step to activate it.

      To fix this, go (in WP) to Edit > Preferences > HTML and click on Choose Browser. Navigate to System Folder > Startup Items > "~OSX > SS Transfer" and choose that. Then restart Sheepshaver.

      To make text in a WP document into a link, select it and run the macro Link to URL. If that macro isn't in your menu, make a new macro with this text:

      Copy
      Create Hyperlink (Internet;"";Clipboard)
      Display (On)

      and you're set.

      All of this is free for inclusion with any other Sheepshaver/WordPerfect setup.