Problems accessing WP Install page

  • darylngee
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
      Hello,
      I'm trying to do an install on my Macbook Air. From the Links section I
      went to <http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html>
      and then to the part that says

      For OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 or later only: Download the installer disk
      image for the WPMacApp
      <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg> system
      (warning: 685 MB). This is the currently-updated version of this system

      When I click here I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong,
      or is my Intel-core Macbook Air the problem?

      Thanks.
      Daryl Chinn

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
        Sorry to have inconvenienced you. I took down the file for about an hour because I had made some mistakes in revising it. The link should work now.

        Warning: I'm in the middle of revising this system heavily, and it's possible that you'll bump into problems with initial setup (though I hope not). If you're using Mountain Lion, I think it will be OK. It may be OK in Lion and Snow Leopard also; at least I hope so.

        The linked web page needs to be thoroughly updated. Meanwhile, please look at the Read Me First file that the application should offer to copy to your desktop when you first launch it, or which you can read from the desktop of the WPMacApp itself.

        Please let me know of any problems via e-mail; you should be able to respond to me directly in the Reply feature here.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "darylngee" <darylngee@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I'm trying to do an install on my Macbook Air. From the Links section I
        > went to <http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html>
        > and then to the part that says
        >
        > For OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 or later only: Download the installer disk
        > image for the WPMacApp
        > <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg> system
        > (warning: 685 MB). This is the currently-updated version of this system
        >

        > When I click here I get an error message. Am I doing something wrong,
        > or is my Intel-core Macbook Air the problem?
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Daryl Chinn

      • Daryl Chinn
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
          Thank you. I'll try it now and let you know either way how it works. I've got Mountain Lion on my Macbook Air.

          Daryl

          ________________________________
          Sorry to have inconvenienced you. I took down the file for about an hour because
          I had made some mistakes in revising it. The link should work now.

          Warning: I'm in the middle of revising this system heavily, and it's possible that you'll bump into problems with initial setup (though I hope not). If you're using Mountain Lion, I think it will be OK. It may be OK in Lion and Snow Leopard also; at least I hope so.

          [....]
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
            Under Mountain Lion, it should work reasonably well. I've updated the web page, and in the past hour or so, I noticed that the printing setup routines available under Snow Leopard an Lion were in a terrible mess, so the version available now (i.e. ten minutes before the time shown on this message) should set up correctly under those versions too.

            Under Mountain Lion, I don't support the faster printing method that works under Snow Leopard and Lion, because I can't make it work. But I may post instructions for setting it up manually when I get a chance.

            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Daryl Chinn <darylngee@...> wrote:

            > Thank you. I'll try it now and let you know either way how it works. I've got Mountain Lion on my Macbook Air.
            >
            > Daryl
            >

            > ________________________________

          • darylngee
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
              Ed,

              The install went fine, no bumps, prints OK. Thanks.

              Daryl
              Macbook Air, Mountain Lion 10.7.4
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
                Thank you, Daryl. The WPMacApp should now be working under Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion.

                You mention "Mountain Lion 10.7.4" but 10.7.4 is actually the last version of Lion, not Mountain Lion, which is now 10.8.1. Perhaps your MacBook Air came with Lion, and you're eligible for a free (or very cheap) upgrade to Mountain Lion?

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
                  Ed,
                  My error. I'll check on Mountain Lion.
                  Thanks.