Re: File types of real-world WordPerfect documents?

  • johnrethorst@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2012
      > Does anyone have reliable information on which Mac OS "file types"
      > were actually used by WP documents? Various websites seem to
      > include types that may not exist. The ones that I can be certain
      > exist are these:

      WP?? is used by the Help (USA) file. Other Mac filetypes for utility
      documents are WPlm for English (USA), WPLB for Library (USA) and WPDF
      for Preferences (USA). Timed backup files have the type WPBK.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2012
        Thanks for this. It saved me from a bad mistake. I suppose that none of those other file types are things that anyone is likely to click on in OS X? (I suppose a backup file might be usable in case of a crash, however....)

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25, 2012
          Correct. Note that timed backup files don't show in WP's Open dialog. They can be double-clicked in the Finder, however.