File types of real-world WordPerfect documents?

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23 11:57 AM
      Does anyone have reliable information on which Mac OS "file types" were actually used by WP documents? Various websites seem to include types that may not exist. The ones that I can be certain exist are these:

      WPD0 - WPMac 1.x
      WPD1 - WPMac 2.0.x
      WPD2 - WPMac 2.1.x
      WPD3 - WPMac 3.0 through 3.5.4
      WPD4 - WPMac 3.5 Enhanced
      WP42 - WPDOS 4.2 exported by WPMac 1.x
      WP50 - WPDOS 5.0 exported by WPMac 1.x
      .WP5 - WPDOS 5.x exported by WPMac 2 or later
      .WP6 - WPDOS 6/7/8/etc. exported by WPMac 2 or later
      sPD1 - WPMac 2.0 stationery (I've never actually seen such a file)
      sPD2 - WPMac 2.1 stationery
      sPD3 - WPMac 3.x stationery/template (also created by WPMac 3.5e)
      WPPC - WPDOS - this seems to be set as a filetype by programs that set file types, but I'm not sure that WPMac creates such files.
      WP?? - WPDOS - WPMac has an icon for such files, though I've never seen on in the real world

      Are there any other real-world file types for WP documents?
    • johnrethorst@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24 9:03 AM
        > Does anyone have reliable information on which Mac OS "file types"
        > were actually used by WP documents? Various websites seem to
        > include types that may not exist. The ones that I can be certain
        > exist are these:

        WP?? is used by the Help (USA) file. Other Mac filetypes for utility
        documents are WPlm for English (USA), WPLB for Library (USA) and WPDF
        for Preferences (USA). Timed backup files have the type WPBK.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25 5:43 AM
          Thanks for this. It saved me from a bad mistake. I suppose that none of those other file types are things that anyone is likely to click on in OS X? (I suppose a backup file might be usable in case of a crash, however....)

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25 9:38 AM
            Correct. Note that timed backup files don't show in WP's Open dialog. They can be double-clicked in the Finder, however.