[OT] The virtues of autocorrect

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2012
      http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/opinion/sunday/auto-correct-this.html?pagewanted=1&hp

      "One more thing to worry about: the better Autocorrect gets, the more we will come to rely on it. It's happening already. People who yesterday unlearned arithmetic will soon forget how to spell. One by one we are outsourcing our mental functions to the global prosthetic brain."

      John R.
    • Queryist
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2012
        Similar point made by Joe Walsh of "The Eagles" -- interview on Good Morning America today, about his new album, "Analog Man."