Re: Can't open WPMacApp on PowerBook G4 running OS 10.5.8

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29 7:35 PM
      Thanks for that report. I've updated my site at:

      http://wpdos.org/mac-intel.html

      so that it now has inks to both the version for 10.5 (PPC and Intel) and the slightly more up-to-date version for 10.6 or later.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2012
        How well did this advice work?

        I think that most Sheepshaver development has been done on Intel machines, for that architecture, although some releases have been universal. Less attention has been paid to SS for PPC -- which would be useful, essentially, only for a PPC machine running Leopard, as the OP has. Some SS builds run better on PPC and, if the OP has any difficulty with the latest build, trying a couple of others might be fruitful.

        Could you let us know if you find an SS build that runs especially well on PPC? Thanks.

        John R.