OT - Maintenance - RSS Offline

  • mxytsplyk
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2012
      John, Yahoo! is reporting that the group RSS feed is down. FYI

      Joe.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2012
        Thanks. Checking the feed with Netnewswire Lite and Safari, it looks good now. What kind of report did Yahoo give you? How did you access it?

        John R.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "mxytsplyk" <mxytsplyk@...> wrote:

        > John, Yahoo! is reporting that the group RSS feed is down. FYI
        >
        > Joe.

      • mxytsplyk
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 15, 2012
          I have a My Yahoo! homepage with RSS feeds, mail window, weather, etc. Instead of the usual message list from Wordperfect Mac Group, there was a message: The content of this feed is currently unavailable. Click HERE to contact them about the issue.

          Just checked and it is still showing the message, so could be an internal Yahoo! problem. I get the same message with Safari Mac and iPhone.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 15, 2012
            All I can think of is an issue related to Yahoo's home pages, since the feed itself is there and current.

            John R.

            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, mxytsplyk <mxytsplyk@...> wrote:

            > I have a My Yahoo! homepage with RSS feeds, mail window, weather, etc. Instead of the usual message list from Wordperfect Mac Group, there was a message: The content of this feed is currently unavailable. Click HERE to contact them about the issue.
            >
            > Just checked and it is still showing the message, so could be an internal Yahoo! problem. I get the same message with Safari Mac and iPhone.
            >
            > On Jul 15, 2012, at 4:13 AM, "John R" <johnrethorst@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks. Checking the feed with Netnewswire Lite and Safari, it looks good now. What kind of report did Yahoo give you? How did you access it?
            > >
            > > John R.
            > >
            > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "mxytsplyk" <mxytsplyk@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > John, Yahoo! is reporting that the group RSS feed is down. FYI
            > > >
            > > > Joe.

          • Peter Chisteckoff
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 15, 2012
              Yahoo evidently has more problems then just WordPerfect Mac Group.  Cannot view both of my portfolios  as before.  Only shows one or the other.  Friday or Sat., opening either portfolio showed no data.  Today that part is working, but still can on view only one portfolio at a time on my home page.
              Pete C.
            • mxytsplyk
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 25, 2012
                John, could post the feed URL that you are using? Copying the default one shown into several RSS readers gives an Invalid URL message.

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 26, 2012
                  Clicking the orange RSS button on the home page here sends Safari 4.1.3 to

                  feed://rss.groups.yahoo.com/group/wordperfectmac/rss

                  with a current list of feeds. Giving the URL to Netnewswirelite 2.0.1 also produces a current feed.