Re: [wpmac] Re: Typeover and Delete commands (was: Looking for an affordable . . .)

  • Peter Chisteckoff
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9 4:36 PM
      Does it have an insert key?
      Pete

      ________________________________
      From: mxytsplyk <mxytsplyk@...>
      To: wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 12:21 PM
      Subject: [wpmac] Re: Typeover and Delete commands (was: Looking for an affordable . . .)

      Also, the Apple USB keyboard has a forward delete key, as well as a 10 key keypad. FWLIW, I think itʻs the best since the original IBM PC keyboard.

      Joe.

      > If you're speaking of what WP Mac calls Delete Forward and Typeover, you can go to Preferences > Keyboard, and assign those commands any keystroke you want.
      >
      > John R.
      >

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Peter Chisteckoff <chistp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ... Couple things I also miss...having a real Delete button, not the iMac Delete which is actually a backspace, and an insert button.  Pete
    • mxytsplyk
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9 11:53 PM
        Hi Pete,

        Not by default. but maybe programmatically via a high Function Key #.
        Have a look at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Keyboard

        The USB one is 3rd from the bottom on the right.

        Joe.

      • rawars@att.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 11 3:49 AM
          fn+delete on the Mac Keyboard mimics the PC keyboard's delete key.
          Richard

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 11 2:07 PM
            OP is looking for Insert too. Can that be mimicked also?