Re: Typeover and Delete commands (was: Looking for an affordable . . .)

  • mxytsplyk
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
      Also, the Apple USB keyboard has a forward delete key, as well as a 10 key keypad. FWLIW, I think itʻs the best since the original IBM PC keyboard.

      Joe.

      > If you're speaking of what WP Mac calls Delete Forward and Typeover, you can go to Preferences > Keyboard, and assign those commands any keystroke you want.
      >
      > John R.
      >

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Peter Chisteckoff <chistp@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ... Couple things I also miss...having a real Delete button, not the iMac Delete which is actually a backspace, and an insert button.  Pete

    • Peter Chisteckoff
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
        Does it have an insert key?
        Pete

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
          I'll try that.  Thanks for the info.
          Pete C

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
            Uh... Went to Preferences (under Safari) found no Keyboard.  Please advise.
            Grasshopper

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
              Hi Pete,

              Not by default. but maybe programmatically via a high Function Key #.
              Have a look at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Keyboard

              The USB one is 3rd from the bottom on the right.

              Joe.

            • rawars@att.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 11, 2012
                fn+delete on the Mac Keyboard mimics the PC keyboard's delete key.
                Richard

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 11, 2012
                  OP is looking for Insert too. Can that be mimicked also?