Typeover and Delete commands (was: Looking for an affordable . . .)

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
      If you're speaking of what WP Mac calls Delete Forward and Typeover, you can go to Preferences > Keyboard, and assign those commands any keystroke you want.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Peter Chisteckoff <chistp@...> wrote:

      > ... Couple things I also miss...having a real Delete button, not the iMac Delete which is actually a backspace, and an insert button.  Pete
    • mxytsplyk
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
        Also, the Apple USB keyboard has a forward delete key, as well as a 10 key keypad. FWLIW, I think itʻs the best since the original IBM PC keyboard.

        Joe.

        > If you're speaking of what WP Mac calls Delete Forward and Typeover, you can go to Preferences > Keyboard, and assign those commands any keystroke you want.
        >
        > John R.
        >

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Peter Chisteckoff <chistp@> wrote:
        > >
        > > ... Couple things I also miss...having a real Delete button, not the iMac Delete which is actually a backspace, and an insert button.  Pete

      • Peter Chisteckoff
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
          Does it have an insert key?
          Pete

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
            I'll try that.  Thanks for the info.
            Pete C

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
              Uh... Went to Preferences (under Safari) found no Keyboard.  Please advise.
              Grasshopper

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9, 2012
                Hi Pete,

                Not by default. but maybe programmatically via a high Function Key #.
                Have a look at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Keyboard

                The USB one is 3rd from the bottom on the right.

                Joe.

              • rawars@att.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 11, 2012
                  fn+delete on the Mac Keyboard mimics the PC keyboard's delete key.
                  Richard

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 11, 2012
                    OP is looking for Insert too. Can that be mimicked also?