WPMacApp updated to latest SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
      After a long interval, a few improvements are being made to SheepShaver, and a new build is available that (when used on recent Macs) makes it possible to exchange "styled" text (bold, italic, etc.) via the clipboard between OS X and SheepShaver. Details of the new build are in the forum at www.emaculation.com, and I've included it in the current version of my WPMacApp system, which is mostly a copy of John Rethorst's SheepShaver-WP system and uses ideas first implemented by him and by Smokey Ardisson. The download link and a description may be found here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html
    • Queryist
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2012
        Running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on an Intel Mini, using SS2.3 with OS9.0.4 -- my main complaint is that it runs Disk First Aid every time I open SS. Does SS2.4 fix that problem? Also, I read somewhere that it's easier to print with SS2.4; is that true? If not, I guess I'll just stick with SS2.3.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2012
          This isn't related to SS version; I have a startup script in Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install that runs Disk First Aid (multiple times if another program interrupts it) and then quits DFA unless an error is found, and then opens WP.

          To stop the check, quit DFA and open WP, just press the Return key.

          I included this check since I think it's worthwhile, but if you don't like it, use Extensions Manager to disable "SS Startup" in the Startup Items folder, or just move the script out of the folder in the Finder. Don't move the other script, "~OSX > SS Transfer", since doing so will disable other functionality.

          John R.