Re: [wpmac] When trying to open WP Converter msg says cannot open with Sheep Shaver running

  • Peter Chisteckoff
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2012
      No copy of Windows.  Came installed without disks like my iMac.   Do have WP8 for Windows.  Not sure what parallels is but will check it out.  I do have a Laptop with Windows 7 so can use that if all else fails.  May also try and repair my Windows desktop with what I believe is a problematic video card.  Thanks for the answer.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012
        You can buy a copy of Windows XP on eBay for US$50 or less; any version will do, as long as it is a FULL version, and not a "recovery" or "reinstallation" disk from a hardware vendor.

        I prefer VMware Fusion to Parallels (less clutter on the OS X desktop) but they're both perfectly OK. Both let you run WordPerfect for Windows in a window on the OS X desktop, or even full-screen.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Peter Chisteckoff <chistp@...> wrote:

        > No copy of Windows.  Came installed without disks like my iMac.   Do have WP8 for Windows.  Not sure what parallels is but will check it out.  I do have a Laptop with Windows 7 so can use that if all else fails.  May also try and repair my Windows desktop with what I believe is a problematic video card.  Thanks for the answer.

      • J Busch
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2012
          MacUpdate has a promotion going for the next three days where you get Parallels and some other Mac software for $50 (Parallels goes for ~$80 on their homepage, amazon currently shipping for $51). Find the bundle deal at: http://www.mupromo.com/

          Fusion is included in these type deals every once in awhile too, though these deals only happen once a quarter and never know what will be included.

          Jonathan
          from my iPhone