Re: [ANN] SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.4

    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2012
      If you're referring to my WPMacPPC Appliance, and you have it working, I don't see any strong reason to update it. If you're interested in trying it, however, you can do so without interfering with the one you've got. The download is here:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/mac-intel.html

      This one has a printing system that doesn't require any hoop-jumping to set up, but if you have WP up and running already, then there's no advantage to setting up another version. WordPerfect itself is the same as it's been for the past dozen years.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2012
        Right -- Sheepshaver and WordPerfect themselves haven't changed (Sheepshaver occasionally gets a new build, but the Oct 2009 one still seems best). If what you have works well, that's what I'd keep.

        It's worth noting, though, that WPMacApp benefits from extensive development in printing; I'm guessing that most of that could be added to an existing installation. The last few versions of Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install have mostly had updates to the virtual disk. What you might want to do is, using Sheepshaver Prefs, add a disk to your installation, copy what you like onto your [virtual] startup disk, and then remove the extra disk.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2012
          About the WPMacApp - I should mention that the printing system on the virtual disk works together with the whole application (the Applescript application bundle that launches Sheepshaver), and so the virtual disk from the WPMacApp probably won't work smoothly when used separately from the WPMacApp itself. The WPMacApp application bundle sets up a hidden folder and folder action scripts on the OS X system and uses them for transferring files, some (not all) printing functions, etc.