Notes on WP onscreen help

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2012
      WP Mac has a great deal of onscreen help, in addition to the many experts here. As reference, here are some of the resources available to you. Especially, QuickHelp seems to have been forgotten, a shame since it's so good.

      • Top-menu-based help:

      WordPerfect Guide: Choose this from the program's Help menu, and get an interactive dialog with Topics, Index and Search buttons.

      WordPerfect Help: Entirely separate from the Guide, this dialog offers How Do I, Index, Glossary, Keystrokes, Menu Bars, and Ruler Bars and Palettes. Searchable.

      WordPerfect Macro Help: taught me most of what I know. Searchable topics are perfect as a reference.

      Balloon Help: has its uses. Even in the OSX era, this simple, context based help feature can be surprisingly useful, for example when learning complex dialog boxes.

      • QuickHelp:

      WP QuickHelp, an entirely separate help facility, features a very sophisticated search with ten (!) Boolean operators to define your search with surgical precision. The Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install ships with this. Find it on the Script menu near the right side of the menu bar. Also available at WPMac > Files > QuickHelp.zip.