Improved WPMac Appliance (alternate SS & WPMac system) - Correct URL

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 8:47 PM
      (REPOSTED MESSAGE WITH THE CORRECT URL THIS TIME.)

      I've made some improvements in my WPMac Appliance system (WPMacApp). This is an alternative to John's SheepShaver-WP system, and about 97% of this alternative system is taken directly from John's system.

      The main difference between this system and SheepShaver-WP is that this is one is self-contained - the "classic" disk image is contained inside the application. This new version also finally removes the need for a visible folder in OS X for transmitting data between SheepShaver and OS X. (It uses a hidden folder in the user folder instead.) Also, it prints or creates PDF without any special setup, but if offers to set up direct printing to any OS X printer if you prefer faster printing or a specific printer. As before, it can toggle between a quasi-full-screen mode and windowed mode. And, of course, you can double-click on an WP file in OS X and have it open in WPMac in SheepShaver.

      The new version has a few other improvements, including Smokey's and John's technique for clicking a hyperlink in WPMac and having it open in Safari in OS X. That's part of the 97% that derives from John's work.

      The same link still applies:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg