[ADMIN] Bouncing posts sent via email

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2012
      Yahoo has changed its message authentiction procedure, to minimize spam posts. I just learned this when posting to another group via email. My return address for the message was gmail.com, but my outgoing mail server (SMTP) was comcast.net. They didn't match; the message bounced. I could of course use gmail's SMTP server but, maybe for other reasons, it's not as fast at this location. So I just went to the group's website and posted from there.

      A nuisance, but apparently effective in the fight against spam.

      Complete discussion is at:

      http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_ACCT&id=SLN3263

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2012
        Solutions for various email clients is at

        http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN3877

        This group greatly benefits from traffic, and I'd hope that no one with something to offer would be discouraged by what's essentially a spam filter.