OT: Early Adopters of Electronic Writing

  • topcatdrc
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2012
      Dear John (em315):

      Just re-read - over the weekend - posts about someone researching the origins of "word processing". IF you could pass along this thought to him: Contact Jerry Pournelle (I HOPE! he is still alive!) former columnist of Byte Magazine. His friend "Zeke" (a Z-80 computer) is 'enshrined' in the Smithsonian. He has written about his use of computers in his writing since (about) "day 1". Oh, I forgot to mention he is a Science Fiction novelist (from 'way back').

      Sincerely,

      Thomas Clayton
    • Rick Albright
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2012
        I believe Jerry Pournelle collaborated with Larry Niven on a couple of novels, if I recall correctly.

        Rick Albright

        On Apr 16, 2012, at 1:28 PM, topcatdrc wrote:

        > Dear John (em315):
        >
        > Just re-read - over the weekend - posts about someone researching the origins of "word processing". IF you could pass along this thought to him: Contact Jerry Pournelle (I HOPE! he is still alive!) former columnist of Byte Magazine. His friend "Zeke" (a Z-80 computer) is 'enshrined' in the Smithsonian. He has written about his use of computers in his writing since (about) "day 1". Oh, I forgot to mention he is a Science Fiction novelist (from 'way back').
        >
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > Thomas Clayton

        Rick Albright
        logres@...