WordPerfect from Windows to Mac - which is a better option?

  • smith9909
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012
      Which is a better option for running WordPefect on a Mac (i.e., fewer problems, more capabilities, and more pleasing experience for running WordPerfect):

      (1) running WP for Macintosh, by following instructions posted in the wordperfectmac - WPMac Yahoo group "Getting started with WordPerfect Mac",

      or

      (2)getting a software such as Parallels to create a Windows version in the Mac, and running a Windows version of WordPerfect such as Corel WordPerfect X5?

      If option 1, can the WordPerfect software do everything option 2 can do?

      Thank you.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012
        It entirely depends on what you are used to.

        WPMac is a very different program from WPWin, and hasn't been updated since 1998. The only people who should seriously consider using it are people who have already used it for years.

        If you are used to WPWin, then get VMware Fusion (preferably) or Parallels Desktop and install Windows and WPWin.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "smith9909" <smith9909@...> wrote:

        > Which is a better option for running WordPefect on a Mac (i.e., fewer problems, more capabilities, and more pleasing experience for running WordPerfect):
        >
        > (1) running WP for Macintosh, by following instructions posted in the wordperfectmac - WPMac Yahoo group "Getting started with WordPerfect Mac",
        >
        > or
        >
        > (2)getting a software such as Parallels to create a Windows version in the Mac, and running a Windows version of WordPerfect such as Corel WordPerfect X5?
        >
        > If option 1, can the WordPerfect software do everything option 2 can do?
        >
        > Thank you.

      • smith9909
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012
          Thank you very much, your advice was very helpful!
          I have only used WPWin, thus I will not pursue use of WPMac.