Re: [wpmac] Re: Old WP user switching to Mac

  • N. Lynn Perls
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 3, 2012
      You need to either install a Virtual Machine with Windows (Parallels or VMWare Fusion,etc.), Wine, or DOSBox if you want to run WordPerfect for Windows.

      You need to ask here and work with this group if you want to install and run WordPerfect for Mac on your Mac.

      As this is a WordPerfect forum, it is likely that we won't have a lot to say about your installation of Office for Mac, which will allow you to word process in Word. Yes, a lot of us own it and use it when we have to, as much of the business world uses Word. But we like WordPerfect, thus the WordPerfect forum.

      And finally, to answer the question you have not asked: no, Microsoft Word for Mac will not translate your historical Windows WordPerfect documents. There are other tools that will, however.

      N. Lynn Perls, Attorney
      Albuquerque, New Mexico
      www.perlslaw.com

      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 4, 2012