Re: [wpmac] Old WP user switching to Mac

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 3, 2012
      Thank you to everyone for your replies.

      I hold disks to WP8 ('97), but upgraded to the pre-installed WP6-X3 on my previous laptop. All of my files are in the WP6-X3 version. I don't mind paying for the latest WP, which now includes an add-on for book publishing (which is my primary need). I don't need any of the ancillary office programs, or any need to run Windows for anything other than WP.

      From the posts it appears my options are:

      a) install via the DOS link provided and install WP8. Will this older version read all of the data from the upgraded 6-X3? or
      b) install Wine and download the latest version of WP;
      c) install Parallels and download the latest version of WP.

      Yes?
      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 4, 2012
        It is not a problem at all.