Re: [wpmac] Old WP user switching to Mac

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 2 10:05 PM
      Laura wrote:

      >Hello ~
      >
      >Please forgive this very tech-challenged individual who is going
      >NUTS having lost the use of WP after switching to the MacBookPro.
      >
      >Is getting WP back into my life as easy as running Parallels and
      >installing WP? Please say YES, at which point I will do a very
      >embarrassing happy dance and offer to hug and kiss every one within
      >a 50 mile radius. Well... that may be going overboard, but that's
      >just about how I'll feel.
      >
      >many thanks,
      >~Laura

      It depends upon which flavor of WP you want to run.

      If you want to run a recent Windows-based version of WP, you can do
      that if you create a Windows partition and installed Windows and the
      Windows version of WP on that partition, and use Apple's Bootcamp, or
      Parallels, or VMWare Fusion.

      If you want to run WP 3.5ep for the Mac, you can accomplish that by
      installing Sheepshaver and WP 3.5ep for the Mac.... no need for a
      Windows partition, or a Windows installation.

      --
      John Joseph McVeigh, Attorney at Law
      Butler, Maryland 21023-0128
      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 4 4:33 PM