Re: [wpmac] [ANN] Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install 1.3.2

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10 9:18 AM
      John
      Forget the email below. Sorted it. Deleted English (USA) from WP folder.
      However, how do I increase the size of the ShSh disk. Do I just create a
      new one and then copy across (and how do you copy across from a .dsk file)?

      geoff
      --
      Geoff Gilbert
      Professor of Law

      Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
      Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
      essex.ac.uk)

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10 1:25 PM
        Go to Sheepshaver Prefs (on the Application menu, with SS running) and create a new disk. Then, as a separate step, add that disk to the volume list. Then shut down, i.e. quit SS (just restarting won't work). Start up again. You'll be told that a disk is unreadable; do you want to initialize it? Click Yes and give it a name.

        Drag-copy everything from the old disk to the new. On the new disk, go to the System folder, locate the Finder, and double-click it. This "blesses" that new system.

        Open SS prefs, select the old volume, and click Remove. Shut down and start up again. You should be up and running with your new disk.

        N. B. the drag-copy will not copy items on the SS (i.e. the old volume's) desktop. Drag those items off the desktop onto the old volume's window first.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10 10:55 PM
          Brilliant and succinct, as always.
          Thanks