How To Retain Pleading Paper Format/Create Lined Pleading Paper For CA Pleadings

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
      I am a paralegal and new to the Group. I downloaded all the SS apps and can now open and save WPD's sent to me from attorneys EXCEPT:
      I am desperate to find a way to retain or create Word Perfect legal docs on lined pleading paper used in all courts in CA/federal courts using SS. Is there a way to do this?
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
        The Files section here includes "Document Experts", "Legal Templates", and "Templates", all of which have pleading paper templates.

        Note to OP and all attorneys on the list: if these legal templates aren't adequate, please let me know; I'll see what I can do.

        John R.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <billmusser2000@...> wrote:

        > I am a paralegal and new to the Group. I downloaded all the SS apps and can now open and save WPD's sent to me from attorneys EXCEPT:
        > I am desperate to find a way to retain or create Word Perfect legal docs on lined pleading paper used in all courts in CA/federal courts using SS. Is there a way to do this?

      • kd4vs
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
          > > I am a paralegal and new to the Group. I downloaded all the SS apps and can now open and save WPD's sent to me from attorneys EXCEPT:
          > > I am desperate to find a way to retain or create Word Perfect legal docs on lined pleading paper used in all courts in CA/federal courts using SS. Is there a way to do this?

          > The Files section here includes "Document Experts", "Legal Templates", and "Templates", all of which have pleading paper templates.
          >
          > Note to OP and all attorneys on the list: if these legal templates aren't adequate, please let me know; I'll see what I can do.

          In addition to the templates available in the Files section associated with this list, and the suggestions that other list members might have, you might also raise your question here:

        • Chris Harshman
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
            On Wednesday, March 7, 2012, Bill <billmusser2000@...> wrote:

            > I am a paralegal and new to the Group. I downloaded all the SS apps and
            can now open and save WPD's sent to me from attorneys EXCEPT:
            > I am desperate to find a way to retain or create Word Perfect legal docs
            on lined pleading paper used in all courts in CA/federal courts using SS.
            Is there a way to do this?

            Not in a way that's interchangeable with PC users on WordPerfect,
            unfortunately. The only way I've found to do this on a Mac is running
            WordPerfect for Windows, either under Wine (WP 12 works well), or under
            Windows in VMware or Parallels or VirtualBox or some such).
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2012
              Could you spell out what makes it impossible to share files with PC users? This is something I'd like to experiment with.

              Do the pleading papers not cross over to the PC even if you save them from WPMac in WP6,7,8 format??

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 8, 2012
                On Thursday, March 8, 2012, em315 <em315@...> wrote:
                > Could you spell out what makes it impossible to share files with PC
                users? This is something I'd like to experiment with.

                The pleading paper formatting is lost on import from the PC version. I'll
                see if I can dig out some examples.

                > Do the pleading papers not cross over to the PC even if you save them
                from WPMac in WP6,7,8 format??

                Haven't tried; once I realized documents received from other attorneys
                became unusable (failed to retain their "pleading paper" formatting -
                typically created using the WordPerfect (version 8+ I believe) provided
                pleading paper macro), WPfM became a non-viable option and I didn't
                experiment with it further.