[ANN] Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install 1.3.2

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
      This is an incremental upgrade, but has a newly created volume and more complete OS install. Gero's DocCompare is also installed, as is Prefab Player.

      Free in Links > Sheepshaver and Basilisk > Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install 1.3.2

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2012
        John
        To try and resolve the long running problem with copying in and out of
        ShSh, I deleted the old Sheepshaver disk (having copied across my files
        and preferences for WP) and all OSX prefs. I then installed 1.3.2.
        However, now I cannot get WP to remember that it should be using Library
        GBR not Library USA, despite having deleted Library USA and Preferences
        USA from the WordPerfect Folder in Preferences in the System Folder. Any
        suggestions? This is worse than not being able to copy in and out of ShSh.

        Geoff Gilbert
        Professor of Law
        Head of the School of Law
        School of Law and Human Rights Centre
        University of Essex
        Wivenhoe Park
        Colchester
        CO4 3SQ

        Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
        Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
        essex.ac.uk)

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2012
          John
          Forget the email below. Sorted it. Deleted English (USA) from WP folder.
          However, how do I increase the size of the ShSh disk. Do I just create a
          new one and then copy across (and how do you copy across from a .dsk file)?

          geoff

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2012
            Go to Sheepshaver Prefs (on the Application menu, with SS running) and create a new disk. Then, as a separate step, add that disk to the volume list. Then shut down, i.e. quit SS (just restarting won't work). Start up again. You'll be told that a disk is unreadable; do you want to initialize it? Click Yes and give it a name.

            Drag-copy everything from the old disk to the new. On the new disk, go to the System folder, locate the Finder, and double-click it. This "blesses" that new system.

            Open SS prefs, select the old volume, and click Remove. Shut down and start up again. You should be up and running with your new disk.

            N. B. the drag-copy will not copy items on the SS (i.e. the old volume's) desktop. Drag those items off the desktop onto the old volume's window first.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 10, 2012
              Brilliant and succinct, as always.
              Thanks