Re: Wish list for update to Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install?

  • gero_herrmann
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 19, 2012
      Maybe WP DocCompare could be installed ready to run? Prerequisite would be a _working_ installation of MacPerl. The SheepShaver installations I have seen so far were not compatible with MacPerl 5.6.1r1 (the latest version) but with MacPerl 520r4, which is sufficient to run WP DocCompare.

      http://cpan.perl.org/ports/mac/

      As for the Spotlight & Quick Look plug-ins, there is now a new version 3.6, which has further refinements (small caps, superscript/subscript, double underline, strikeout, shadow, outline, improved display of ordered and unordered lists, background colors, and table borders, specific thumbnail icon badges for stationery (WPT), as well as speed improvements).

      http://homepage.mac.com/herr

      Gero. H.

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 19, 2012
        The current version of the WPMacApp has WP DocCompare installed and ready to run (with a working MacPerl setup). It also automatically installs or updates version 3.6 of the Spotlight and QuickLook plug-ins (thank you for these!).

        The current version also implements a suggestion by John - if you drop a .DSK or .DMG image file on the application, it offers to use it either as the "boot" disk for SheepShaver, or as a non-booting second disk. This means you can use John's SheepShaver-WP disk image as the disk image in the WPMacApp. This feature is experimental, and it's important not to run two copies of SheepShaver at the same time with the same disk image mounted. (I'll try to add some features to prevent this from being done even if someone tries.)

        Download link here:

        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacApp%20Installer.dmg

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 19, 2012
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "gero_herrmann" <gero_herrmann@...> wrote:

          > Maybe WP DocCompare could be installed ready to run? Prerequisite
          > would be a _working_ installation of MacPerl. The SheepShaver
          > installations I have seen so far were not compatible with MacPerl 5.6.1r1
          > (the latest version) but with MacPerl 520r4, which is sufficient to run
          > WP DocCompare.

          Good idea.

          > As for the Spotlight & Quick Look plug-ins, there is now a new version
          > 3.6, which has further refinements (small caps, superscript/subscript,
          > double underline, strikeout, shadow, outline, improved display of ordered
          > and unordered lists, background colors, and table borders, specific
          > thumbnail icon badges for stationery (WPT), as well as speed
          > improvements).

          It just keeps getting better.

          Thanks again, Gero!