[OT] A literary history of word processing

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012
      "literary scholars have become increasingly interested in studying how the tools of writing both shape literature and are reflected in it":

      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/books/a-literary-history-of-word-processing.html?pagewanted=1&sq=matthew%20kirschenbaum&st=cse&scp=1

      John R.
    • Joseph Bush
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2012
        Great article John!

        The quote by Darren Wershler, 'Writing about word processing when that's how you write is like trying to write about the back of your own head' really gave me a chuckle. So I'm wondering if you got a similar feeling writing about WordPerfect?

        Joe
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2012
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bush <konajoe@...> wrote:

          > The quote by Darren Wershler, 'Writing about word processing when that's how you write is like trying to write about the back of your own head' really gave me a chuckle. So I'm wondering if you got a similar feeling writing about WordPerfect?

          Good point, but all I remember is that I was able to write it quickly, and it was a lot of fun to do.