Re: [wpmac] Re: pdf

  • Rick Albright
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2011
      I've used the LaserWriter 8 chooser extension method (print to file in PS format, open in Preview) a number of times and it works very well.

      Be advised, though, that in some cases you may not want to select "none" for the font inclusion. I needed to create some PDFs to open on Windows machines, and if you don't happen to have one of the same fonts that is standard on Windows boxes (or you're using a font that may not be on another Mac), your results may look very different from what you expect due to font substitution. In such cases you will need to go to "font settings" (this is in the LaserWriter 8 print dialog, where it comes up with "general" in the drop-down list box) and choose "always download needed fonts" (this is not checked in the default setting) to save your fonts. It will make the resulting file significantly larger, if that's a consideration, but it does guarantee that your results match what you see on your Mac.

      > > Michael Luskin wrote:
      > >
      > >> f. you can select "None" for "Font Inclusion."

      Rick Albright
      logres@...

      http://www.powells.com/biblio/72-9780980149647-0