Re: [wpmac] Does WPMac benefit from QuickDraw GX?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2011
      Further to this; QuickDraw GX seems to be enabled in OS 9 - but it's not clear whether it's enabled ONLY when you install a foreign language kit that includes ligature substitution (e.g. Arabic), or whether it's enabled by default. When you install Arabic in OS 9, you get a control panel which lets you enable or disable the QuickDraw GX feature that combines characters. It's not clear whether GX is installed until you install WorldScript (which gets installed with Arabic and other alphabets).