Re: [wpmac] Classic (6.x) Emulation in OS X (3,.x, 4.x) on PPC

  • Jim Syler
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
      Mini vMac works great. http://www.rolli.ch/MacPlus/welcome.html

      On 7 Dec 2011, at 3:15 PM, Thomas Clayton wrote:

      [....]
      > Question: is it possible to find a system 6.x 68K emulator to run
      > over OS X on PowerPC?
      >
      > WAS there SUCH a thing?
      >[....]
    • gabi_kp4bjd
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2011
        I first ran 4th Dimension version 2.2.1 (I believe with OS9 with a PPC…but memory fails me); then upgraded to version 3.0 until the OS required I upgrade to version 2004. I presently use 4th Dimension Version 2004.8 with Snow Leopard v10.6.8, and have been using it successfully since Mac OS Panther v10.3.9. I recall using "4D Tools" utility to convert my dataBases all the way up to version 2004, which required several steps for each upgrade 4th-D version that followed. I believe you're in need of upGrading from a system prior to Mac OS9, and I encourage you give a phone call to the folks at 4th Dimension as I am sure they''ll help you convert any previous version you have to one that runs on the Mac OS you prefer. You may have to use appropriate Mac model or emulators with the OS they can support. My apologies to the WP Group for replying to this off-topic question. Gabe Fuentes